- Third party due diligence and screening of potential business partners and vendors
- Oversees system of ensuring compliance with Code of Conduct and related policies and applicable anti-corruption regulations.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Participate in internal investigations.
- Develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- At least 5 years of previous work experience in similar roles at a senior level in the fields of Compliance and\or Legal
- Experienced with working in an international environment
- Expertise in Compliance issues and in particular in third party due diligence and screening
- Experience with cultural change management
- Comfortable in presenting to senior audience and ability to influence and convince
- The Diploma of Lawyer, or related fields (Could be financial or economics education)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
Please follow the link to apply.