The post holder will report to the Senior Adviser on Anti-Corruption in support of the Strategic Civilian SSR Component. As part of the Operations Department, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective completion of relevant tasks.
The Operational Department manages and supervises the conduct of Mission activities whilst ensuring proper orientation and operational coherence towards the end state.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Anti-Corruption Officer will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for locally recruited Staff members, to perform the following tasks:
- Ensure continuous systematic follow-up of ongoing legislative initiatives and reforms in the security sector and especially in the field of anti-corruption related reforms;
- Research and analyse existing legislation and draft laws in the field of security sector and especially in the area of anti-corruption reform;
- Attend meetings with different counterparts and, if necessary, provide interpretation services during such meetings;
- Take notes / minutes from meetings;
- Assist and support the Line Manager in the coordination of projects;
- Collect and analyse information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including the press, in continuation of mission Press and Public Information Department with regards to the respective field of reform;
- Draft written analysis, reports and presentations;
- File documents and recorded data in appropriate databases and files;
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other task as requested by his/her Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience:
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have criminal record;
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or of a (still) valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree in Law, where the normal duration of university education in the country awarded is three (3) years or more;
- After having obtained the university degree, at least five (5) years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in the field of justice, Law enforcement or rule of law, including at least three (3) years experience as a Legal Expert or in a similar position in the private and/or public sector, acquired after graduation;
- Previous professional experience in international and especially European standards and practices in the civilian security sector and in particular anti-corruption is a requirement.
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Excellent communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Very good knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian Governmental Institutions, structures and governance processes;
- Experience in positions requiring organizational skills, with a service approach;
- Experience in compiling reports;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to deliver high quality of work in a timely manner even under pressure;
- Ability to perform on-call and irregular working schedule if required.
Additional advantageous assets:
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity.
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion when dealing with information;
- Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members;
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people, including outside contacts.
Please follow the link to apply.